The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is a leading UK based health and safety organisation that provides globally recognised certifications in health and safety.
IOSH Managing Safely training course is specifically designed for managers and supervisors. It trains the candidates in management basics of health and safety. This course qualifies the candidates for applying for the IOSH membership and in pursuing various advance courses such as NEBOSH certification.
Objective of the IOSH Managing Safely Course
To give a comprehensive understanding of health and safety management in workplaces and to prepare the candidates for applying for IOSH membership.
Who Should Attend
IOSH Managing Safely course is suitable for managers, supervisors and employee representatives of any organisation and sector. This course is also useful for the professionals who have to work in the hazards and safety sector.
No prior training in health and safety is required for this course. Course Syllabus The syllabus of the IOSH Managing Safely course covers the following areas:
- basic understanding of managing safely;
- brief summary of the health and safety regulations;
- learning to assess and control health, safety and environmental risks in the workplace;
- learning to identify and address hazards and risks in the workplace;
- understanding the role of the manager or supervisor in managing health and safety risks;
- learning to address hazards and risks in the management strategy of the organisation;
- leading and training staff in health and safety issues;
- dealing with incidents of health and safety mishaps in the organisation;
- identifying occupational health and safety hazards; and
- learning to assess the health and safety performance of the organisation. In this course, the candidates will learn the practical applications of health and safety management basics through unique and engaging presentations and materials. The graphics, games and other tools used in this course make it interactive and interesting.
Completion of the IOSH Managing Safely course will enable the delegates to apply for IOSH membership; and to pursue advanced courses such as NEBOSH International General Certificate in occupational health and safety, NEBOSH International Diploma and other technical courses in health and safety. The delegates will also acquire the following skills that are crucial for managers and supervisors:
- practical application of managing safely principles to the workplace;
- addressing health and safety hazards and risks as part of the management policy;
- assessing the performance of the health and safety system of the organisation;
- mitigating the risks of occupational health and safety problems in the workplace;
- identifying potential hazards and health and safety risks;
- investigating and addressing accidents and health incidents in the workplace;
- supervising and training their team and employees in health and safety issues;
- recommending steps to mitigate health and safety risks in the workplace;
- identifying practical goals for improving or implementing the health and safety system of the organisation; and
- planning strategies to achieve the identified health and safety goals. The duration of the IOSH Managing Safely course is three to four days. The course is also available as an elearning module and a distance education course.