Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, KCIE (popularly known as Sir MV; 15 September 1861 – 12 April 1962) was an Indian engineer, scholar, statesman and the Diwan of Mysore from 1912 to 1918. He is a recipient of the Indian Republic’s highest honour, the Bharat Ratna, in 1955. He was knighted as a Knight Commander of the British Indian Empire (KCIE) by King George V for his contributions to the public good. 15 September is celebrated as Engineer’s Day in India in his memory. He is held in high regard as a pre-eminent engineer of India. He was the chief engineer responsible for the construction of the Krishna Raja Sagara dam in Mandya district as well as the chief designer of the flood protection system for the city of Hyderabad.
Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya was born on 15 September 1861 in a Brahmin family, to Mokshagundam Srinivasa Shastry and Venkatalakshmamma in Muddenahalli village, Chickballapur District (Bifurcated from Kolar District), Mysore State (now Karnataka), India. His father was a noted Sanskrit scholar.
Visvesvaraya lost his father at the age of 12. He enrolled for the primary school in Chickballapur and attended high school in Bangalore. He earned his Bachelor of Arts from Central College, Bangalore then an affiliate of the University of Madras in 1881 and later studied civil engineering at the prestigious College of Engineering, Pune.
College of Engineering, Pune, where Visvesvaraya studied Civil Engineering. Visvesvaraya took a job with the Public Works Department (PWD) of Bombay and was later invited to join the Indian Irrigation Commission. He implemented an extremely intricate system of irrigation in the Deccan area.
He also designed and patented a system of automatic weir water floodgates that were first installed in 1903 at the Khadakvasla Reservoir near Poona. These gates were employed to raise the flood supply level of storage in the reservoir to the highest level likely to be attained without causing any damage to the dam. Based on the success of these gates, the same system was installed at the Tigra Dam in Gwalior and the Krishna Raja Sagara (KRS) Dam in Mandya/Mysore, Karnataka.
M.Visvesvaraya is known to have designed and planned the entire area of Jayanagar in South Bangalore. The foundation of Jayanagar was laid in the year 1959. It was one of the first planned neighborhoods in Bangalore and at the time, the largest in Asia. It is believed that the locality, designed by Sir M Visvesvaraya, is one of the best-planned layouts in Asia.
- Joined service as Assistant Engineer in Bombay, 1885; served in Nasik, Khandesh and Poona; services lent to Municipality of Sukkur in Sind, 1894: designed and carried out the water works of that Municipality, 1895;
- Executive Engineer, Surat, 1896;
- Assistant Superintending Engineer, Poona, 1897–99; visited China and Japan, 1898;
- Executive Engineer for Irrigation, Poona, 1899;
- Sanitary Engineer, Bombay, and Member, Sanitary Board, 1901; gave evidence before the Indian Irrigation Commission, 1901;
- Designed and constructed automatic gates patented by him at Lake Fife Storage Reservoir; introduced a new system of irrigation known as the “Block System”, 1903; represented the Bombay Government at the Simla Irrigation Commission, 1904; on special duty, 1905;
- Superintending Engineer, 1907; visited Egypt, Canada. United States of America and Russia, 1908;
- Services lent as Special Consulting Engineer, Hyderabad, to supervise and carry out engineering works in connection with the Musi floods, 1909;
- Retired from British service, 1909;
- Chief Engineer and Secretary to the Government of Mysore, 1909;
- Dewan of Mysore, P. W. and Railway Department, 1913;
- Board of director of Tata Steel, 1927–1955
Visvesvaraya has received recognition in various fields, most notably the education sector and the engineering sector. Visvesvaraya Technological University which is based in Belagavi, the University to which most engineering colleges in Karnataka are affiliated to, has been named in his honour, as well as prominent colleges like University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, Bangalore, Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore and Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur. College of Engineering, Pune, his alma mater, has erected a statue in his honour. The Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum, a museum in Bangalore is named in his honour.
- Published in Blogs
(How To Control, Benefit Of Controlling And Why It Is Important For Your Day To Day Life)
Today’s fast-paced life cannot be expected without having stress as we all are running behind success and money. Amid of all this, our happiness is ruining. To cover this situation, one needs to understand the value of stress management. The term stress management stands for the way dedicated to bringing you out of the stress pressure. Whether you are going through work pressures of office, college or business related, it is required to go along with this technique in order to make your life successful. Without managing stress, it becomes a bit tough to go along with the life.
If you are one of them thinking there is nothing you can do about stress. You are wrong. You just need to dig out some interesting ways in order to churn out the best solution.
A Bit About Stress Management –
We have a tendency to manage our stress in different ways. If you are thinking there is one kind of particular solution that goes to fit with all, then it is not possible. I hope you concur with me regarding the above-mentioned line. It is required to know which tricks makes you free from tension. It can be anyone like talking with your loved one, playing, music, singing, sleeping, eating and the list goes on too long.
Stress management does the same thing as it helps to find out the healthier ways to cope with stress. It helps to reduce the harmful effect of stress like anxiety, frustration, depresses, feeling low etc. To go along with stress management helps you to know how to deal, how to fetch your goal, how to stay happy in pressures etc.
Benefits Of Stress Management –
- It helps to make you feel good, even if you are under pressure.
- It does not let you feel down in a negative situation.
- It makes you able to cope with others.
- It builds up your quality and skills.
- It makes you know how to make life blissful and happy.
- It helps you improve the productivity.
- It rejuvenates your energy and the love towards work.
- It keeps your brain active and full of creativity.
- It does not allow you make your relationship bitter.
What Stress Management Is Important–
We all are going through a tough competition, which is enough to make anyone pressurised. The hectic schedule does not allow you to pay attention to your hobby and health. The results come in the form of stress. It affects our life badly since it may leave you lethargic, you may not find yourself able to take the right decision, the relationship with your closed one can also effect or ruin etc.
In this connection, it is very important to pay attention to stress management, which makes your life good and happy. It does not matter which age group you belong to, anyone going through the pressure of work needs to go along with stress management.
- Published in Blogs
Topic – What Is Actual Leadership Skill
Do not you think that it is the only teacher and leader, who hold the power to change the whole word? There would be many of you, who concur this fact as well as holds some qualities to become a great leader in the future. Here, we are going to expand your knowledge a bit regarding this above-mentioned points. Let’s check it out.
- Win-Win Formula – An ideal leader makes this point to follow at any rate. The Win-Win concept is based on the formula where no one goes in less or leave behind. Everyone is taken with himself/herself. When a leader follows this concept, he gets success to please everyone. And when a leader becomes the favourite of everyone, it becomes very easy to tackle all of them in one go.
- Stay Honest To Your Words- It is one of the most sought after the fact to become a leader. You need, to be honest towards your words. People never wish to go along with the one who never show interest what he said earlier. People will love to hear and follow if you make them feet that you take responsibility what you say, said or going to say in front of them.
- Down To Earth – There are a number of leaders are available in front of us, but there is very less who hold this factor called Down To Earth. It means you do not have a need to display the extra, which you are not able to accomplish. It is a kind of factor, which people want to have in their leader. They want someone who can understand them in a better way. They never wish to choose the one who just believes in saying, but not making those words true. People become your fan when they find that you are a kind of person for whom they were looking for. A leader needs to understand the people of all ages, the genre, religion and the cast to bring out something best for the society.
- Punctuality Should Not Be Underestimated – It is considered that you have a right to arrive late when you come into the spotlight. But a true leader understands the value of time of the people come to hear, discuss or take part in the meeting. If the one who is in the spotlight will not understand the value of time, then how he/she expects from people to become punctual.
- Communication – A leader understands the value of a better communication. In order to make it with everyone, it is required to dig out the new age and most effective ways. For example, if a leader wishes to communicate the people living their life below the poverty line, he/she has to go along with the way of speaking which they can understand easily.
- Patience – A leader is the one who takes responsibility or take a decision at the forefront. It is required that he/she must have patience otherwise, his/her mistakes may lead to hassles or problems.
- Positive Attitude- It is another skill by which leader should get be loaded with. If he/she positive attitude, he/she will not give up easily until finding the solution of the problem.
- Creative – People do not want to have someone who does not wish to put enough efforts to churn out the best. If he/she holds the power of creativity, he/she can do good for society.
- Published in Blogs
Bhardwaj Group (BG) is one of the renowned group in this field and being widely appreciated for serving out the client with ISO consultancy Services. At this platform, it is rendered by the diligent professionals. We sure our client that the rules and regulations will be followed as per the norms.
ISO 9001 consultancy service, Auditing, Certification, Training and Documentation are offered by us. We have a renowned name, which provides clients complete knowledge databank regarding ISO service, consulting, certification processes and training, which leads to awarding of ISO certificate.
A Comprehensive Range Of ISO Consultancy Service –
ISO‘s breadth of applicability is enough to make the new one confuse. It becomes difficult to organise all the things in an accurate way as well as dig out that how to apply the standard economically and effectively. Here, you can get specialist advice to know how if the standard should be applied to your circumstances or not.
‘Check out the ISO and other international standards Audit’
- ISO 9001 Quality Management
- ISO 20000 Information Technology
- ISO 22000 Food Safety Management
- ISO 13053 Qualitative Routines in Procedure Change
- OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
- ISO 17025 Laboratory Management
- ISO 21500 Guidance ON Project Management
- ISO 20121 Event Sustainability Management
- ISO 29001 QMS of Petroleum, Petrochemical and Natural Gas Industries
- ISO 26000 Social obligation
- ISO 13485 Medical Devices Quality Management
- Hazard Assessment
- 13053 Quantitative Systems in Methodology
- ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- ISO 24762 Disaster Recovery Manager
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management
- ISO 27002: Information Security Control
- ISO 27034 Application Security
- ISO 28000 Security Management
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management
- ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety
- ISO 50001 EnMS (Energy Management System)
- ISO/IEC 38500 Lead manager
To Whom This Service Is Provided
Being a renowned brand, we cover a wide area, including health safety and environment management. It is a one-stop solution platform as PMC Auditing, Training, Certification and Document Services are also provided by the experts hold immense knowledge regarding their respective field.
Not only corporate but we serve individual clients as well. To put in another word, it does not matter if your firm exists in small, big or medium size as we cater our entire client with respect. Whether you are an individual or corporate client, we serve the best ISO Consultancy Service both of you.
We understand the client’s required first as the plethora of HSE legal and industrial requirement are enough to make you confuse. In this connection, Bhardwaj Group is an ideal platform to overcome all the confusions. Our distinguished group is loaded with the qualified and experience safety and other certified professionals to serve you effective and practical solutions, which you may not get anywhere else.
Bhardwaj Group is serving more than 100 ISO consultancy services presently. Whether you are looking for ISO/IEC consultancy needs, we hold the right level of service for you. We are known for offering flexible and cost-effective consultancy packages. It does not matter what is all about your location as we cover all across the world.
- Published in Blogs
ISO 27001 (ISMS-Information Security Management System) Awareness Training for 2 days @ Ricoh Innovations Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore. 2) ISO 27034 (AS-Application Security) Awareness Training for 2 days @ Ricoh Innovations Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore
- Published in Audit Post
Who should attend?
- Internal examiners
- Auditors needing to perform and lead Environmental Management System (EMS) certificate reviews
- Project chiefs or specialists needing to ace the Environmental Management System review process
- Persons in charge of the Environmental similarity in an association
- Members of an Environmental group
- Expert consultants in Environmental Management
- Experts needing to get ready for an Environmental audit function
- Published in Training Post
NEBOSH Courses and Qualifications
Formed in 1979, The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health, or NEBOSH for short, offers a thorough scope of professionally related wellbeing and security capabilities which are perceived all through the world, and are intended to help including the ecological wellbeing and security and danger administration needs of better places of work in both general society and private segments. NEBOSH capabilities are so well-known and regarded over the globe that in excess of 25,000 hopefuls a year in 65 nations embrace NEBOSH preparing with a specific end goal to accomplish a NEBOSH endorsement or NEBOSH Degree.
NEBOSH turned into the first wellbeing and security recompensing body to be authorized by the UK administrative dominant presences in October 2000.
Just those wellbeing and security preparing suppliers that have been licensed by NEBOSH can run their wellbeing and security instructional classes.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health is an all around perceived capability offered by a secured autonomous UK examination board with almost 30 years of involvement in giving wellbeing and security grants in the UK and over the world including the Middle East, the West Indies and Southeast Asia.
National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is the leading UK examination power in this field, which starting today is overall acknowledged. Routines for study incorporate Face to face, 10 days in addition to 2 days for a functional appraisal and composed examinations.
The appraisal criteria set around NEBOSH; require the effective consummation of a commonsense working environment evaluation and three formal composed examinations at the end of the project.
The NEBOSH General Certificate contains UK wellbeing and security law, though the NEBOSH International Certificate concentrates on universal wellbeing and wellbeing principles and administration frameworks
The IGC syllabus takes a danger administration methodology focused around best practice and worldwide gauges, for example, the International Labor Organization (ILO) codes of practice
It is in this manner perfect for directors, managers and representatives based outside of the UK who oblige an expansive information and understanding of wellbeing and security
The NEBOSH International Certificate is additionally suitable for anybody leaving on a vocation in wellbeing and security
The NEBOSH International course is separated into 3 Units; two are evaluated by exams, and one by a composed task.
- Published in Training Post
The environmental health and safety (EHS) audit is a methodical, destination tool to evaluate administrative consistence in the working environment. An audit generally includes an overview of the working environment to:
- Published in Audit Post